top of page
a Dutch windmill
Did you recently graduate at Master's level from a global top university and would like to build your career in the Netherlands?

The Search Year visa is a residence permit in the Netherlands that allows Master’s and PhD graduates from universities/subjects/faculties ranked in the global top 200 to live in the Netherlands for 12 months. With a Search Year visa you are allowed to work in the Netherlands, and you can travel throughout the entire Schengen area without the need of a visa. Transitions to other types of residence permits in the Netherlands are made easy for you, if you hold a Search Year visa. 

bottom of page